願爾國降臨 — 張傳華
「願祢的國降臨」是主禱文第二個禱願（太6：10），從禱文的「願」字來看，是否神國降臨是一個期望，而尚未成就？但英文聖經沒有「願」的意思。這句禱文出現一個名詞「祢的國」Thy Kingdom，和一個動詞「降臨」come，而 come 是現在時式 Present tense。這兩詞建構出來的神學價值，就是在「降臨」的時空範疇內。那麼，神的國是已經降臨，還是尚未降臨？試從下面三個角度來探討：
- 思高譯本 Studium Biblicum Version對這一句的解釋：「我們求的是先知所預言，為耶穌所興建的彌賽亞國，即聖教會」。「法利賽人問神的國幾時來到，耶穌回答說：神的國來到，不是眼所能見的。人也不得說，看哪，在這裡，看哪，在那裡。因為神的國就在你們心裡（或作中間）」（路17：20－21）。這樣看來，神的國已降臨在地上的教會了，在信徒的中間。
- 約翰在異象中，聽見第七位天使吹號的時候，「…… 天上有大聲說：世上的國，成了我主和主基督的國，祂要作王，直到永永遠遠」（啟11：15）。這就是主耶穌復臨時，把撒旦捆綁在無底坑一千年，與為主殉道及沒有拜過獸和沒有獸的印記的信徒，一同作王一千年（參啟示錄21：1－6）。這兩段經文的時空指示，是「一千年」和「地上的國成了主基督的國」，神的國出現在主耶穌復臨的千禧年。
- 彼得提到我們要在信心、德行、知識、節制、忍耐、虔敬、愛心上追求進步，……… 這樣，必叫你們豐豐富富的，得以進入我們主救主耶穌基督永遠的國」（彼後1：5－11）。這時形容的國度，是永恆的國度。吻合耶穌所教導的主禱文：「因為國度、權柄、榮耀，全是祢的，直到永遠」（太6：13）。神的國已在永恆了。
Thy Kingdom Come — Rev. Galahad Cheung
"Thy kingdom come" is the second wish of the Lord's Prayer (Matt 6:10). Is the coming of the Kingdom of God a wish and not something accomplished? In the English translation, it does not have the word "wish" in it. It only has a noun phrase, "Thy kingdom", and a verb "come". The word “come” is in present tense. From these two word-phrases flows a theological value, the scope of time and space of coming. So, is the kingdom of God here already? Or is it yet to come? We can explore this question from these three angles:
- Studium Biblicum Version have the following explanation: "We pray as the prophet foretold, built for the Kingdom of Jesus our Messiah, namely, the Holy Church." “Being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God will come, He answered them, "The kingdom of God is not coming with something observable; no one will say, 'Look here!' or 'There!' For you see, the kingdom of God is among you." It would appear that the Kingdom of God already has come to the church on earth, and among the believers.
- John in a vision, heard the seventh angel sounding the trumpet, "There were loud voices in heaven saying: The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Messiah, and He will reign forever and ever!” (Rev. 11:15). At the second coming of Jesus, He binds Satan up in thebottomless pit for a thousand years, and reigns for a thousand years with the martyrs and those who have not worshipped or have the mark of the beast. (see Revelation 21: 1-6). The space-time indicated in these two verses, is "a thousand years" and "the kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord.” The Kingdom of God appears at the return of Jesus for a thousand years.
- Peter mentioned that we want to supplement our faith with goodness, knowledge, self-control, endurance, godliness, and brotherly love, … so you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." (2 Pet 1: 5-11). The description here of the kingdom is an eternal kingdom. This is as taught by Jesus in the Lord's Prayer: "For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever”. (Matt. 6:13). God’s kingdom is in the eternal future.
To sum up the above three views, first of all, God’s Kingdom is realized already through the Church on earth; it is realized again at the Millennium; and it is finally realized in eternity. The kingdom of God is when He reigns, placed as first priority, through holiness, glory, and through the authority of judgment, ruled over all Kingdom.